Saturday, 13 July 2013

Running away

So it is true it has been a while since I've written! However I have good reasons - I recently undertook my toughest exams to date, so I was working for those! Thankfully I was greeted with good news today and I'm through to my final months of medical school.

Having enjoyed a week of freedom and with one left only, I am keeping busy with teaching, writing (science-y stuff) and also running! I signed up to do a 5 mile run in the Olympic Park - now newly renamed the Queen Elizabeth II park next Sunday. During my revision, running actually became a nice stress reliever and I've discovered how much more I enjoy running outside than in a gym. Fresh air, beautiful views and occasionally, beautiful weather too :)

I guess I've also hit that age ("the mid twenties") where you begin to think that perhaps all that reading about exercise etc. should be put in practice, or at least that you should be attempting to practise what you preach!
Not a bad motivator when you're running

In other news, I can highly recommend both Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and Matilda (the musicals). Roald Dahl, other than JK Rowling of course, was my favourite author as a child so I had to see them both! Also Matilda is a ridiculous £5 if you are 16-25 years old and willing to queue up at 9am in the morning at the Cambridge Theatre (more info in the link). It's worth the wait!

If I could only see one, I would narrowly choose Charlie over Matilda... but only because it's a story about chocolate :P

http://uk.matildathemusical.com/tickets/tickets-information/

No comments:

Post a Comment