Monday, 9 March 2015

Spring..(ing into the last 4 months of F1)

Or almost! It's not quite BST yet but it certainly feels warmer and having survived my first Scottish winter I look forward to very soon being able to change back my winter to summer tyres..!

I now have three weeks left of my current post in the countryside before I move back to Edinburgh for 16 months. I can't wait! It's not that I don't like the countryside but I definitely am missing the buzziness of city life and being in a big teaching hospital. As I said to a friend, deep inside I'm no country bumpkin! The good thing is I'm finally (as I think will keep happening every 4 months) settled into my job - I know how the computer system works, how each consultant likes their ward rounds, and where each ward is! Only to find myself about to leave the hospital!

Fortunately my next job is back at a hospital I previously worked in, and actually the specialty will be the same as my current one "general medicine" - additionally with 8 months of fledgling F1 experience under my thinly padded belt, I should in theory be a bit better equipped! :)

I also now have my next rota which means I can plan life for the next four months! Already I have plans to go away and have visitors... and possibly train for (my first) half marathon if I could just bring myself to commit to it ;) Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment